Saturday, February 11, 2006

Waiting for Paint to Dry

D. and I painted coconut's room two days ago. Things went great I love the colour
About three hours after we painted I went to put the switch covers on and scratched all kinds of paint off the wall around the area. I started to panic because being a slacker has come to bite me in the butt again (when will I learn). I knew I should have primed. D. Convinced me to wait 24 hours so the paint had more time to dry. So in the morning I went to check in the closet to see if it is dry and it was still scratching off. Before I went to work yesterday I cranked the heat in the room hoping the dry heat would help with the drying. By the time We got home last night it had dried and was getting harder. D. did some research and read enamel paint takes at least 48 hours to dry when primer has not been used. I am starting to feel better about this situation however my lack of patience is not helping. Tonight we are going to put the mountain of stuff in our livingroom back into the room. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like full. And then off to the wall art. I can't wait.

No comments: