Friday, December 10, 2010

Tree Time


The tree has finally made it up and it is decorated.    Whew, I wasn't sure it would get up this year.  Everything seems almost last minute this year.  I am hoping this weekend will get me on track.

I try to get one decoration every year to add to the collection. This year I got five.  The first three pictured are locally hand made. The felt little bird is from BRFC.  I love the look of it on our very full tree.




These two ornaments came from the Grand River Hospital gift shop of all places.  It was the only fun place to bring Jasmine for a walk to on her stay there.  Jasmine gifted me with the little bird and who can pass up a pickle.  It is so much fun pulling out ornaments from over the years.



Here is the giant pile of ornaments before they went on the tree.  Believe it or not they all made it on.  The inside of the tree is just as full as the outer branches.


 Last year I melted a bit of my stocking by leaving it hanging on the fireplace.  I had to find a new place for the stockings this year as we have been using the fireplace a lot.  We just turned the furnace on last week for the first time. 


My most exciting decoration this year is this little Charlie Brown Tree.  I have been on the hunt for one over the last couple of years.  Dave brought it home from work and made my day.  There was a point a few years back when Otis watched all the Peanuts Holiday dvd's over and over again.   Otis recognized the tree right away.

No comments: