Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lemon Snickerdoodles


I took part in a Christmas Cookie Exchange.  There were nine people who took part in the trade.  Which meant I needed to bake 10 dozen cookies. (we all brought 1 dozen to sample).  We gathered at Michelle's house to exchange and sample the assortment.  

I was a bit stumped on what to make.  I wanted to make something that would not be a duplicate of someone else's cookie.  I went through the collection of online cookie recipes I have gathered over the years and decided on Lemon Snickerdoodles.  I discovered this recipe over the summer.   

Snickedoodles have been around for a long time.  The very first cookie I ever baked in Home Ec. class way back in 1989 was a Snickerdoodle. They were very yummy.   The difference between in the lemon version is you omit the Cinnamon and add lemon zest of 2 lemons.  Back then I had never heard of the cookie before and I quickly forgot about them as life went on.  I stumbled upon the recipe again in one of the first cookbooks of my collection.  

Here is the most recent edition. 


I was so excited to have found the recipe again.  I have baked them many times over the years.  

This mixing bowl was full to the top with 4 batches of cookie batter.  The dough was tasty with all the fresh lemon zest in it.  


Thank goodness for the little measuring spoon which kept all the cookies the same size an speed up the rolling process.


They only take ten minutes to bake.  I had just enough for the exchange by the end of the bowl.  Dave, Otis and I all got one cookie to eat.  Needless to say we ate more then one and I had to bake more the day of the exchange.

No comments: