Sunday, April 18, 2010

Otis' Blanket

I made my first blanket this winter for Otis.  I became a bit obsessed. It took three weeks to make and 22 balls of yarn.  It is big enough to fit our bed.  I spent a fair bit of time choosing the colours and the layout. The blanket resides on our couch in the living room.  Otis has spent many Saturday nights snuggled under it falling asleep.

This is my first large scale project.  I just recently became comfortable crocheting.  I had a real hard tome with the yarn tension.  I decided to crochet instead of knit the blanket as I thought it would be a safer bet.  There was no chance of dropping a stitch and discovering I did so many rows later.  As soon as it was big enough to cover Otis he would lay at the end of the couch covered while I crochet.

No comments: