Thursday, July 09, 2009

My Little Fish

Otis learned how to swim with just his life jacket two weeks ago. I got to my moms around 7pm on the Friday. He was very excited to see me. He was already in town visiting.







The pool temperature wasn't to bad. Otis went from holding on really tight to swimming with his life jacket and pool noodle. Below is a picture of the first time I let go. By the end of our swim he was doing laps in this set up.




The next morning he was quick to get in the pool. I hadn't even had a coffee yet. Within a minute or so we were back to Noodle and Jacket.


I would say it only took 5 more minutes before I convinced him to let go of the noodle and just use the life jacket.



He swam like this for a while until he started to get tired. He didn't understand that he would float even if he stopped kicking.



It is so exciting to see how far he went in such a short time. He used to get white knuckles from holding on so tight. Now he is free as a fish.

No comments: