Thursday, June 14, 2007

5 days & Counting


We are five days into Otis' first summer visit to Niagara. This is the longest I have gone without seeing of speaking to him. I was fine leaving him behind at my moms on Sunday but when we got home I shed a few tears. That being said at the same time it has been kind of nice hanging out with out him.

I figure this would be the best time for us to have him there. My sister is in from Alberta for the week and gets to be the taxi between my mom and dads place.



On Monday Dave and I went to dinner and a movie. We saw Knocked Up, It was hilarious. It did make me miss being pregnant. As I have said in the past I would gladly be pregnant again just as long as someone else can raise the baby.
Dave worked nights Tuesday and Wednesday which meant I had the place to myself. AHHHHHH. Perfect time to trash the place while attempting to clean. I have been able to leave things all over the place and not worry about what little hands can get into it.

As part of the fun Dave and I haven't had a meal other than breakfast this morning at home. We are in desperate need of groceries. I figure we will get them Friday after I have finished cleaning and we will have a great fresh start.

It is amazing the missing toys I have found and the amount of dust and dirt I have removed from our place. Hopefully by tomorrow night things are back in place for our little guy to come home.


I have been calling almost daily getting updates. He had a sleep over at my dad's and has gone swimming with his ZiZi Gabe. At my moms he has stuck he feet in the pool and he also loves being outside. I feel so bad that he doesn't have a lawn to play in now. We are going to do our best to get that for him by next summer.

He discovered that she has a side gate and gets a kick out of going there and trying to open the latch himself. My mom was also telling me she made chocolate pudding with whip cream blueberries and strawberries. I was telling her to let him use it like finger paint. She said not to worry he will be stripped down and can do whatever he wants with it. She better take pictures.



I have good news on the grandparent relocation project. Dave's Dad and stepmother have sold their house in Whitby and will be moving to Elmira in the Fall. Elmira is 10 minutes away. I can't wait. It is going to be really nice to have them so close.

Anyway 2 more sleeps until I get to squish Otis.

No comments: