Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Another Day in My Life

So on March 24 we were supposed to have the first annual Family Birthday Event. Due to Illness we had to postpone. Both Dave and Otis were under the weather during the week and there was no way we would be able to pull off a party even if everyone was back in good health in time.

Otis and I spent the morning hanging around the house. We were supposed to hook up with Auntie Jas but as usual she doesn't answer her phone. So off thrift shopping we went to our local second hand store Generations. While there Jas found us thrifting away. I had found the find of the week which was a Vacuum Jug From Danish Designer Erik Magnussen. Thanks to little Shawn for the heads up on this jug. I have been looking for a coffee carafe for quite awhile now. I am in love with the Carafe designed by David Douglas for Therm ware. Someday I will find one.

I was very happy with my find and was about to leave when...... dun dun Dunn

At the very back of the store they have furniture. Most of the good stuff is always gone. There was a set of five chairs with mustard back and seats and are super sturdy. Which is great due to someone is about to fall through the current chairs we have. Also there was this great knitting machine that was from Sheridan College's Sewing room. The knitting machine is still in the original box and it seems all of the pieces are still there. The only thing that was missing is the manual which I have since purchased on eBay. I can't wait to get going and figure out how to use the thing. If Jasmine wasn't there to talk me into it. I probably would not have bought the knitting machine it was way out of my thrifting budget. Actually it was way out of any budget. Thank goodness for birthday money.

Jas and her room mate Dave found a couch and awesome chair from the 70's which they purchased for half off as long as we took them that day and they were closing in under an hour. Some quick thinking led me to leave Otis at the store with Jas and Dave while I ran home and pick up our friends car. Two trips to my house to get the knitting machine and the chairs home. Then we had to figure out how to get the couch to Jas's house. I drove the car with the chair to her house she met me there with Otis in his stroller. Otis and I ran to the health food store while Jas and Dave carried the couch two blocks from the store to their house. It was a sight to be seen.

Sounds like we had a full day of adventure doesn't it? And yet there is more. My Dave got home from work and there was 9 chairs in our apartment and a knitting machine set up on the kitchen table. By this point I was pretty tired and our house was still a disaster.

I sucked it up and decided to start to bring the extra chairs to the basement. Who knows when we might need them. While scanning the basement for a place to put the chairs I decided to put them beside our old couch. there is a lot of insulation in that area. I was about kick the insulation beside the couch out if the way. As I had my foot cocked to kick I realized the shape on the floor wasn't insulation but Q-Bert my missing cat of three months. I dropped the chairs I was carrying and ran upstairs. It took me about five minute of hyperventilating to get the story out to Dave. Dave went down and made sure because the head was berried and at this point I wasn't sure anymore.

It was Q-Bert he had been lying there somewhat in the open for the last three months or so. Dave and I had checked that exact place many times since he had went missing. From what we could figure he must have been sick and went there to die.

Lucky for us my dad and grandparents came to visit the next day and dealt with the body for us. I was sad when I found him but more spooked and freaked about having to get the body out of the basement. I wanted to stand on a chair as if there was a mouse on the floor in our apartment. My love affair with the basement has been put on hold for the time being. I have been spending some time down there building two filing cabinets. I really wanted to be able to get them finished soon. I hope I can work up the courage to get back down there some time soon.

Good Bye again,

Q-Bert J. Donkey Kong the 3rd of the North Hampton Donkey Kong's

We miss you.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures right now. Taken with the addition of my new flash, another great birthday gift.


1 comment:

studiosmith said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5277135