Tuesday, April 07, 2009

IV@#$O Family Birthday Event #3

Last week we hosted our 3rd Annual I. Family Birthday Event. We went to the Andy Warhol Exhibit at the Children's Museum in town. I am pretty sure the adults had more fun then the kids.



There was a forehead injury just before the cake. This year is the first year that Otis was able to blow out his own candles. All of the singing freaked Otis out a bit. He was very excited about having a birthday cake though.

The Cake. Lets talk about the cake. It turned out fantastic. I have been waiting a long time to make this cake for Otis' birthday. If you are interested you can find the instructions here.

I originally used a vegan recipe for the cake. I should have doubled the batch it turned out the thickness of a Frisbee. I then decided for the sake of my sanity a boxed cake would have to do. It was a hit. Everyone gobbled it up.
The party turned out to be small and wonderful. There many other events like weddings and proms scheduled for the same date so many Friends weren't able to make it. In the end we got some good quality visiting in.


This picture is of a sight I have seen many times which has been missing as of late. The three boys on the couch enjoying life. We also found out that (Little) Shawn and Ana will be getting hitched at the end of Summer. Yeah!!! They will be hosting the event at the Steam Whistle Brewery in Toronto. I have always wanted to go to an event there.

No comments: