Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kijiji Beware

I listed a set of speakers on Kijiji two months ago.

I had two offers. I think I chose the wrong one.

After waiting a long time for the payment. Which should have been $200. We finally received a money order for $3000. Huh? Fishy Much.

The envelope was post marked France. The Money order was from King City, Ontario.

The letter had very cryptic instructions on how I am to keep my money and send the rest to France so that the shipping company can come get the speakers.

There wasn't a return address or a name on the letter. The name on the money order was different from the name on the email threads.

I decided to send an email just for the hell of it asking some clarifying questions.

I then got an email shortly after. Stating they had sent the wrong information and now to send two equal payments to Nigeria and no answers to my questions.

This is getting weirder!

I sent an email saying: "Not happening. consider this email cancellation of our agreement. I am not taking part in this transaction."

Last night I got an email on one of the many email threads from a different person saying: "Just do it the way you were ask to do it ."

Scary!!!

Lets just say I will be contacting the authority. I also looked up Fraud on Kijiji and discovered that Overpayment is on of the biggest types of fraud there is.

No comments: