Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Roasted Toasted Seeds


This year I decided to try and do it right with all the steps.

Simply Recipes is a great jumping off point. I knew there was a step with salt water I just couldn't remember what to do.

What you need:

Pumpkin Seeds
Olive Oil
Salt
Seasoning
And Whole lot of patience

I cleaned out three large pumpkins and sorted the seeds. I did most of the sorting while I was cleaning the pumpkins so I wouldn't throw in the towel half way through as I usually do.

1. Rinse pumpkin seeds. don't worry is there is a little goo it adds flavour.


2. Boil Pumpkin seeds in a salt bath for 10 minutes.

3. Toss olive oil, seeds and seasoning in pan

4. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

5. Mix seeds a couple of times in the oven

6. Cool pans on wire rack

7. Serve

** I made two types of seeds.
Both had salt and garlic.

The second batch was spiced up with some. Konriko Brand Jalapeno Seasoning. John and Gail pick it up for us any time they are down south and come across it. We have one jar left. Good thing they are heading south in a couple of weeks.

We put this stuff on everything.


***For the salt bath I used about 1 1/2 table spoons in a medium sauce pan of water.

No comments: