Saturday, September 20, 2008

2.5 Years Old

Dear Otis,

I can not believe you are two and a half years old.

When I was in my teens, Zizi Pizza and Gabe were very little. We always used to the think about the future. We used to pick a year or an age and work away from there.

Something like when I am 32, Miranda will be 25, Teresa will be 18 and Gabe will be 14. This is where we are now and you have been added to the list and are 2.5. I always wondered back then where life would be.

Way back then when I was 18 and everyone else was their respective ages I could not have imagined where we would all end up. I didn't really know where I wanted to go and how I was going to get there. I didn't really think about it was all about going away to school the rest would work itself out.

Here I am 14 years later and so grateful for where life took me. I have a great husband, nice home and and amazing funny, kind, smart, understanding and wildly imaginative little boy. Recently I have been getting to know you more as the boy you are becoming and it makes me melt more and more.

Now back to what happened this month.

You went to Nona's for the last week of August, she kept is pretty mellow we also didn't talk on the phone hoping this would help as the week in July was when the sleeping issues started.

Daddy and I brought you to Marine land when we came into town too pick you up, you had a lot of fun there and even waited in line for two rides. I was so impressed by your patience. you only became restless just before it was our turn.

The rest of summer flew by in a second. Papa and Granny came back from their trip out west and we gave back the second car. Having a second car felt like all we did was go for gas.

Your sleeping is settling in. We decided to set up the pack and play in our room for when you woke up in the middle of the night. This seems to have solved most of the issue.

One of the other sleeping changes we discovered is you like to sleep with the door open. Telling you we are going to leave the door open seems to make you happy enough that you will go down to sleep with out a problem. Sometimes you do try and negotiate sleeping ing the "Little bed". You also say everything in question form.

You are back on the milk train these days probably more than juice. As usually you are eating well. I try to let you cook with me more and more but it can get difficult.

And the biggest changes this month is our new family member Hampton. We picked him up on labour day. He is a cute little guy the the sharpest claws and teeth. There were several days of torture as he adjusted. what is the most amazing is how he lets you beet the crap out of him and comes back for more. There has been some learning curves on how to carry a cat and not to squish him. For the most part the cat seems to like it. My favorite interction between the two of you is when you curl up like turtle and let him attack your hair. Another is when you come walking into a room with Hampton attached to you leg.

You also met a whole bunch of the street's kids. There are a tone of them and they like coming over and playing with you and Hampton. One boy Noah even gave you his tricycle.

The rest of this month has been getting back into the swing of things with a some home renovations added.

My favorite season is here. Many fall festivities to come can't wait until next month.

I Love you very much.

Love,

Mama

No comments: