Saturday, June 03, 2006

"mmmmm" Angels


On Thursday Dave and I went to Angels for the first time since the day before Otis was born. Their breakfast is my favorite in the area. In my mind it surpasses Mel's which has been lacking over the last few years and is always packed with students. Angels is in Kitchener and is usually filled with regular folk and many seniors.

Otis was a hit. I am still getting used to people stopping and asking me questions about him. My favorite is when they ask me how old he is and their eyes almost pop out because he is so big. I brought him to get weighed and his weight gain is starting to slow down. He weighs 15Lbs. 8oz. That is a three pound gain in five weeks, for a while he was gaining a pound a week. He is also 26 inches long.

I just checked out a growth chart and the average baby is 26 inches at 5 months. It is approximately the same for his weight. Basically he is in the 100 percentile of a 3 1/2 month old. A little bit of an over achiever but that's o.k. those charts are never completely accurate all babies are different. All it means is he will grow out if things sooner ie. his car seat, three more inches and he moves up to the big boy seat.

No comments: