Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Halloween 2010 - Trick or Treat Time


We had friends over and carved pumpkins in the afternoon. Dave decided to have chili for dinner.  Which was perfect after being outside trick or treating.



Otis and Liam carved pumpkins for about five seconds The DS was a more exciting.  The adults were then  left to do all the carving.  I didn't actually carve a pumpkin this year.  I did clean eight piles of guts out and I baked four of them for puree and roasted all of the pumpkin seeds.  I used this recipe that I have used before with once twist.  I have read that you can mix the seeds in melted butter to help the seasoning stick.  I didn't have butter on hand so I used Ghee.  Ghee has a higher flash point so the seeds won't burn as easily.  They were/are yummy. Eight pumpkins give you a lot of seeds



Trick or Treating time snuck up on us and it was a mad dash to go.  The very first boy who knocked on the door was a boy from Otis' class.  Well I thought Otis was going to explode before I could get ready to go.



Otis and Liam went to two full blocks and had a huge haul in the end as usual.  They were very pleasant and made sure to say Thank You and Happy Halloween at every house.


No comments: