Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Leaves


Our neighbour rented one of those super leaf blowers and blew all the leaves that had fallen so far to the back corner of our lot.  Otis could barely contain himself while our neighbour was working on them.  Otis is in the pile above.  I can't even tell where he is.


 Today I was going to start moving them to the curb when a little boy we all know got upset at the idea.  So I told him he had until the rest of the leaves fell before I would move them.  It reminded me of a sitcom I watched recently where the boy made his dad bring all the leaves to the forest to set them free.  It is amazing how we as adults find raking leaves work while children become so connected to them.  I love that  I am able to watch the world through a child eye.


If only I could get him to wear real shoes now that summer is long gone.  What am I saying I am still wearing sandles.


There are so many leaves and the tree is only half done.  I was hoping there wouldn't be nearly as many leaves this year due to the pruning we did last year.  


No comments: