Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Patch = PP 2010 Trip # 1


Otis is on his first school trip to the pumpkin patch today.  We went to the same patch a few days ago to get this really neat looking variety of pumpkin I knew the farm grew.  They were all picked over and the few that were left did not look very good so we left empty handed.


The patch itself was beautiful. I love the shot above with the grave yard in the back ground.  It reminds me of Charlie brown and the Great Pumpkin.   We will be heading to another patch this weekend to get our Jack O'lantern pumpkins.  We currently have 13 pie and naked seed pumpkins out on the porch.  We will be having a pumpkin carving afternoon on the day of Halloween.  I will keep the little ones until then just in case anyone doesn't have a pumpkin to carve.  I am going to bake and puree the pie pumpkins for the freezer.  I manages to make a tiny bit of space in the las week or so.  A few weeks back I made these pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting for a Sunday dinner.  They did'n last long enough to take a picture.  Maybe next time.


Otis loved the slide at this place/ Look how fast he is going.  His hair goes from flat to winged up.


Curious George wanted to pose in the pumpkin too.  We haven't been to this farm since Otis was a baby.  It has a lot more to do now then it did then.  They just keep on adding things bit by bit.



These goats cracked me up.  I wish I could have watched them climb up there. They just hang out up there.



No comments: