Sunday, September 11, 2011

Days 15 & 16 - Positive Progress

Saturday was a pretty non eventful day.  It was the second day of the ten day treatment.  Marlo kept the nurses hoping through out the night into Saturday morning.  Her little belly had realized it was empty and wanted to eat.  She spent a far bit of the night in the arms of the nurse walking around the NICU.

It feels like we are starting to find our groove here at home.  My mom has been an amazing help around here.  while we were out Saturday she managed to make me twenty six jars of fresh grape juice for us to drink during the winter.

Saturday evening we went for our nightly visit only to find out we would not get to have our cuddles.  Marlo had just had a new IV put in and had just settled down after having a upsetting evening.



Sunday morning was a shock to the system.  Marlo's IV had been moved to her head.  There was a little ziploc bag taped to her incubator with some hair and a note.  It made me happy and sad all at the same time.  Happy they kept it.  Sad her hair needed to be cut to have a needle stuck in her head.  Her Doctor was on call,  he stopped by to let me know the newest ex-ray looked cleaner and we would continue to rest her insides of food for the next eight days.  We will then reintroduce my milk back to her gradually when the time comes.  He said this is positive progress and keep the course.


I was told by my nurse it should only be a week or so longer before my wounds have healed.  Today was the first day i felt like I could stand up straight and not stay bent over from the pain.  I feel the end is near I can't believe it.


No comments: