Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 21 - Road Trip

I slept in this morning trying to to have the morning pass with out thinking about it.  Marlo was having her central line put in at 10am.  I have my nurse come by early so we could go to the hospital as soon as the coast was clear to do so.



I called the NICU at noon to see how things went and to make sure we could visit her.   Her Doctor got on the line to let me know that they were not successful.  He had just made arrangements to have the transport team to come get Marlo and bring her to McMaster.  She would either come back tonight or first thing in the morning.  



I went to the hospital and cuddled with her until they came to get her.  She was exhausted and slept the whole time.  The transport team came and got her ready to go.  We gave her kisses and sent her on her way.  



I came home pumped and crashed from the sheer exhaustion of the whole event.  I called McMaster this evening to see how thing were going.  She arrived fine,  all of her stats were normal and the trip was uneventful.  I am a bit confused as the nurse there was talking about me bringing milk there. I was under the impression she was coming right back.  The nurse explained that she was getting ex-rayed later this evening and that she would have blood work in the morning.  They were giving her little body a break before the attempted to try getting a line again.  



For now I am taking each step as it comes and not worrying about the next.  I can not think or plan.  I need to live in the moment.  I will be heading down to McMaster tomorrow to check things out for myself and give that little girl some big cuddles.  Tomorrow she is three weeks old.  I would have never imagined this is how the last three weeks of our life would have went.  


No comments: