Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 17, 18, 19 and 20 - Stable Baby


The last four days have been uneventful on the hospital front.  We are in the sixth day of her ten day treatment.  I love that we are now passed the half way mark.  She is doing well.  It looks like we will be starting to feed her either Sunday or Monday.  This is going to be a very slow process.  little increments at a time.  There will be no rushing the process this time.  She can get rather feisty through out the day and shows signs of wanting to eat.  She had a bath yesterday and almost drank the bath water.




For the most part the only news is if the IV held or not.  We were lucky enough for the first IV in her head to last almost 48 hours.  The last two only lasted 12 hours each.  I signed the consent form this morning for them to put a central line in tomorrow morning.  If all goes well it will last and she will not need to be pricked and poked several times a day. On average a central line lasts four to six weeks so we should be fine.




I am feeling good these days.  I have stopped taking my pills for pain about three days ago and am doing well.  I drove Otis to school today  all by myself.  It has been almost three weeks since I drove.   I made dinner on Monday by myself to.  I am starting to feel like a capable person again.



No comments: