Friday, August 05, 2011

Cob & Pizza Workshop at Little City Farm


We have been pretty busy around here this summer.  Between Bailey's, babysitting two kids and oh yeah being pregnant I haven't had as much time to spend on the laptop.  I also got a smartphone that is allowing me to stay connected while not sitting in one spot. Don't get me wrong I do "A LOT" of sitting these days.  I will work on getting you caught up on our Summer.  Hopefully before the baby comes.



Otis and I went to Little City Farm's first children's work shop mid July.  We learned about cob Cob is a Sand, clay and straw mixture.  Is it used in building homes, ovens, benches etc.  Otis and I built a fort for his Starwars characters.  it was just like the house Anakin Skywalker lived in.


I have been dreaming of having a cob oven on our back yard for awhile now.  I have come to the acceptance we will not have one at this house. I am not sure how long we will live here and you can't take a cob oven with you.



After we played with the cob mixture we went in and made our own pizzas for lunch.  Greg baked them in their cob oven and we enjoyed a delicious lunch out in the back yard.



We made sure to visit the chickens and fish in the pond before we left.  Otis really enjoyed himself and was excited to go to a workshop just him and I.


No comments: