Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sparklers & Fire


Victoria Day came and went this year.  I don't want anyone to worry, I did managed to get some fire works in.   Otis and I had a very busy Saturday.  We started the day at the Little City Farms annual seedling sale.    We then heading to Niagara for the afternoon.  No trip to Niagara occurs with out a stop at Ikea for the ball pit.  Unfortunately we forgot to bring socks for Otis.  Which meant no ball pit,  boo.  We then visited with Nona for a couple of hours.  I caught my nap then.

The whole reason we went to Niagara was to go to My Uncle Mario's 50th birthday dinner at the Mandarin.  We got a quick visit in with a lot of family.  On the way home Otis fell asleep.  I thought he would be done for the night.  When we got home Dave was out with some of the neighbours and their children.  They were playing with sparklers.  Otis quickly awoke and ran around at lightning speed for about an hour.  He finally crashed again at 11pm.

I remembered we had a few fireworks left over from a couple of years ago.  It really was just a tease.  Sunday we made sure to pick up more sparklers and a few other things that you can set on fire.  The kids thought it was very exciting.  Next year we are going to pool our resources and buy a whole bunch of fun fireworks.






No comments: