Thursday, April 14, 2011

Super Hero Birthday Party

Otis' birthday fell on a Sunday this year.  He was lucky enough to have his party on his actual birthday. I managed to get everything I planned done even with being out of town for the week.  This was the first year he had a kids party and a family party.  I won't lie by the end of it all I was exhausted.  My mom brought enough food for 50 people as usual.  



It seemed like all the kids had a lot of fun.  The kids played for awhile as everyone got here. We had snacks and played a few games.  Birthday cupcakes were for dessert and then the gift opening exploded. Otis seemed to have a great time and was very happy with being five.  He had counted down everyday from 10 days down.  Telling most people when he saw them that his birthday was in X amount of days.




Dave and I gave Otis his gifts first thing in the morning.  We tried to hold him off until 9am but only made it to 8:30am.  I find he has an easier time processing all of his gifts when he gets them through out the day compared to all at once.




Etsy was my friend for all of the party supplies this year.

  • PARTYonBOUTIQUE makes personalized paper products.  The Cupcake toppers and all other super hero stickers were from her.  She sends you a PDF File and you can print as many as you need.  

  • theangryrobot makes buttons.  I was able to get a set that had different sound effects on them.  Like the old school Comics.  

  • ClickityClack supplies unfinished wood items.  I got wood peg people.  and made them into super heroes.  

  • I went to Google images to get pictures of super heroes to use in making garland.  


Overall I would say it was a success.  






No comments: