Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Learning to Skate



We brought Otis skating for the first time yesterday.   I was worried we weren't going to get him on the ice before the Spring came.  It was a bit colder then I would have liked.  But we went anyway.


For someone that hasn't skated before Otis walks really well on his skates.  He was so disappointed that he could not just get on the ice and skate like everyone else.  If it weren't so cold we may have been able to convince him to stay on the ice a little longer.



Both Dave and I don't have skates.  I discovered last year that my skates no longer fit.  I figured there was no use buying a new pair until next year as the shape of my feet are about to change again with this pregnancy.  Thank goodness Uncle Sean was there to make him go fast.  




 There is nothing better then a whole timbit after a tough 20 minutes learning to skate.   In the end he said he had a lot of fun and he can't wait to get better.   Next time we go we will bring a chair for him to lean on and push.

No comments: