Friday, May 14, 2010

Auction Day



When we arrived to our street on Wednesday there were more cars then I have ever seen.  A house up the street was auctioned off two days ago.  The women has moved to a nursing home but she had lived there for almost 60 years.  You could only imagine some of the stuff she owned considering the house wasn't that big.  There had been a sign on the lawn for almost a month. When we got to the house I realized not only is the house up for auction but the contents were too.  I was so excited and disappointed all at the same time.  Excited because I needed to get in on this action and disappointed because I had missed so much.  Dave let me off at the house so I could see what was going on.  As I walk up Otis came running at me.  He was there with Nona who had been  there the whole time.  She had already got a box of Tupperware for me.  I had missed out on the Pyrex though.


I have only been to one other auction before when I was in high school and it was a lot of fun.  This one went way quicker.  I really couldn't wrap my brain around it fast enough.  The only thing I missed out on was this green cabinet that went for $2.00.  It would have been perfect for the deck to hold outdoor stuff.  We need some more storage out there.  I am glad I can give her stuff a good home.

1 comment:

Jon Johnson said...

Turns out I've been jogging on your street lately... I thought I might be, but wasn't sure which was yours. I've definitely run past the house that was up for auction a number of times though.